Wednesday, July 28, 2010

life mission

What is your life mission?

This is a question they posed in institute tonight and it just got me thinking. If we could really figure out what the heck we're supposed to be doing, it would sure make life a lot easier! But then again, don't we already know what we are supposed to be doing? I know that if we follow the living prophets, we will be guided and led in the right direction. I watched a devotional talk from Elder Bednar today about recognizing the promptings of the Holy Ghost. How many of us have asked ourselves the famous question: "Is it just me, or is that a prompting from the Holy Ghost." I loved his advice...

STOP WORRYING ABOUT IT.

Yep, that's what he said. He said that if we stay true to our covenants, keep the commandments, and are "good boys" and "good girls," we will be led by the Holy Ghost constantly and probably not even know it. But he will gently lead us back to Heavenly Father. So, even better obedience... that's what I am going to work on!

No comments:

Post a Comment