Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Who is God?

Man I have been slacking on my scripture blog! I promise to improve :). I'm going to be quick again tonight because it is already 12:22 at night and I am beat. But, I wanted to just express my testimony of the God. We talked a lot today in my literature and the Bible class about the nature of God and who we see Him as. We wrote a paper on this topic focusing on the first three chapters of Genesis. We came up with some very interesting insights and I will write about them soon. But, what it came down to for me is that He is the perfect father. As simple as that - He has a beautiful balance of justice, mercy, love, knowledge, power, acceptance, and about a million other characteristics. He is completely trustworthy and dependable. He is perfect. I am so grateful to know my God. I know that a lot of religions teach that us mere humans can't have a real relationship with Deity. I know that is not true. I know that we can have a relationship with God and that that is what he wants! That is why He has given us the scriptures, prophets, each other, His son... they are tools that bring us to Him so that eventually we can feel comfortable living in His presence.

1 comment:

  1. Rachy, I love your posts! You're right, Heavenly Father is the perfect father in all ways, as I'm sure our Heavenly Mother is too.

    ReplyDelete